Saturday, July 3, 2010

Running, It's Good for What Ails Ya

I took a brief hiatus from running as it's seemed that I've developed an allergy to something since coming to Minnesota.  I thought I'd never miss the smoggy skies of Los Angeles, but I do since I'm not allergic to anything there.  Anyhow... I stopped running because said allergic reaction has been in my throat and lungs, making it difficult to breathe.  I decided enough was enough and went out for a 2.6 mile walk/run yesterday - I ran half the distance, I walked the rest.  I did cough several times during the run, but overall, it was great.  I honestly forgot how getting my blood coursing through my veins actually makes me feel good - duh!

My question is this: if you have allergies and they are not controlled completely by medication, how do you deal with your symptoms to be able to run or do any other kind of exercise?  I'm very happy that I will get to go home and not have this reaction any longer, but I could have lived without any allergies whatsoever.  We can add allergies to the list of things that are not endearing me to Minnesota when it comes to running.

I'll be back, L.A. asphalt...

No comments:

Post a Comment