Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mugginess and Bugs

Greetings from the humid state of Minnesota, or today I should say, greetings from the wet state of Minnesota as it appears that it rained last night.  I went for a run yesterday, but didn't get out there until 11:30 a.m.  Wow.  It was a sauna.  My father-in-law kept saying that it was the most humid day they'd had yet.  Great.  What is it with weather and me?  Last year it was record temperatures in Portland, this year is humidity in June.  Oh well.

Anyway, you know how people in the desert states will say, "Oh, it's 110, but it's a dry heat"?  Turns out that dry heat is superior to humid heat any day of the week.  True story.  Although it was not 110 degrees and humid yesterday, it was 85 and humid when I went for a run.  I'm already a sensitive soul when it comes to running in the sun (and it appears that the circle my in-laws live in is not as shaded as I remembered), so add the moisture on top of the sun plus myriad bugs, that was my run yesterday.  I thought I knew what it was like to sweat.  Nope.  I was totally wrong about sweating until yesterday.  My niece left a comment on my FB page saying it was good to sweat.  Turns out Minnesotans are masochists.  Also true story.

Okay, this is so rambling and it isn't going anywhere other than being kind of snarky about the weather.  That is my other moniker, the Weather Bitch.  Today this "Weather Bitch" is staying inside and doing some resistance training.  Resisting the carbs, resisting the sugar...hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment