Saturday, April 10, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

This week has been interesting to say the least. I've been battling cravings (see my last post) and I've been trying to take it easy, meaning no running, to get my ankles to stop hurting. I am getting impatient on the second one since I really need a good run. Anyway, Wednesday night was Getty College Night which means free entrance, great art, and free food. The food is always good. A friend of mine who I have been going to advice about running told me that he eats "regularly" once a week when he's out with friends. I decided to apply this principle at the Getty. The good thing is that I chose the sweet potato fries instead of the regular fries, I ate grilled veggies, but I also had a spicy Italian sausage. I didn't even see where they had dessert, so I managed to stay away from that.  

I have had coffee twice this week as I just have been dragging: doing taxes, grading exams, working, going to class, dealing with the everyday of household stuff, and getting the kids where they need to go - whew! Exhausting. However, I don't drink coffee every morning like I used to, oh, and most importantly, I avoided the delicious looking banana chocolate chip coffee cake calling my name at Starbucks. It's all about balance people! Today is Gabriel's birthday party. I will be having a piece of chocolate cake and a little ice cream, but after today, I will be staying away from it.

Hopefully, I will get back in the groove of running very soon as I think it helps in keeping the cravings down. Upwards and onwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment