Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last Time I Checked, 1 + 1 Does not Equal 3 and...

...1.75 miles is not 2.5 miles.  Okay.  I have no idea what happened, but after signing up with Endomondo, I took my iPhone with me running to track my speed and distance.  My regular route, the one I thought was 2.5 miles was only 1.75 miles.  Huh?  I thought I drove my route to check it, but I guess I was either thinking of my old walking route or something...

So, all this time I've been running less than 2 miles...grrrrrrr!  I added that .75 miles to my route today.  Now I know what 2.5 miles feels like.  It's a bit harder, but I will get used to it.  And I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.  Luckily, I made the run before the sun burned off all the clouds, so I didn't get too tired because of the sun beating down on me.  I'm just a bit bummed because I wanted to add 1/2 mile to my run to get to 3 miles, but that will have to wait a little longer.

Next week, it's running in Minnesota.  From what I hear, it's been raining a whole lot.  I'm not into that.  It better be nice while I'm there or else...  Running in the humidity should be very interesting and I'll be sure to report back how it actually is for me.  The positive side of where I'm staying is that it is heavily shaded, so I won't have to contend with the sun wearing me out before I'm ready to be done.

Oh, and I'm reading "Born to Run" - I'm only three chapters in and I'm loving it.  It makes me want to run even more.  I've added a link to the fan site, but here it is as a well: Born to Run

Next post I most likely will be reporting from Minnesota, don'tcha know?  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment