Friday, March 26, 2010

Another Day, Another Pound

Any time I re-start an exercise/eating/well-being program, I try not to become obsessed with the scale.  However, I digress.  I stepped on the scale yesterday to see it was not so evil after all: I had dropped three pounds.  I decided, "what the hell?!" and stepped on it again today: another pound gone.

Now, I know weight can easily fluctuate from morning to evening, thus I really try hard not to weigh myself more than once a week, but I'm excited and already can see some changes even after the few short weeks I've been exercising.  For example, my clavicles (collarbones) are coming back.  Not that they were impossible to find, but when I weigh less my clavicles protrude more.  I have been told by many people that I have a very graceful neck and shoulder area, so this is important to me that they look their best.

My body loses weight in a top down sort of fashion.  The first areas I notice weight loss is in my face and upper chest, then it slowly moves down my body to areas I'd rather not lose weight in (ladies and gentlemen, I'll let you figure out which body parts I'm referring to), then finally my body budges and lets go of the weight I've carried around my mid-section and beyond.  Let me tell you, I cannot wait until I see my mid-section shrink down to what I want it to be.  Six-pack abs?  Not likely, women should be a little fleshy anyway, in my opinion, and I will still have the curves, but none of the bulge.  And, legs, mmm-hmm!  All this running and strength training is already making my legs firmer.  I actually am looking forward to buying a new bathing suit this year.

Anyway, enough blogging for now.  It's time to do the strength training I've been looking forward to doing all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment