Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Running Surfaces Are Not Created Equal

Ouch!  Well, just a little.  I've learned the hard way that running on concrete sidewalks is really hard on my Achilles tendon.  I was told this by my friend, Nye, but I guess I just had to test it out for myself.  Lesson learned!  I'm hitting the streets today and going to run on the asphalt.  Luckily, where I run there's little to no traffic.

On another and related note, I did not get my run in yesterday...bummer.  But, I have a clean house and some spontaneous living room dancing broke out with Gabriel during the process.  I can't complain!

And....I'm down 7 1/2 pounds - woot woot! Gotta love results...

4 comments:

  1. It's true. I run faster outdoors than I can on a treadmill. I also have better tolerance of the asphalt. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could immediately feel the difference. My Achilles tendons will be very happy once they fully recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat's on being 7.5 pounds down! I'm very proud!! :D

    ReplyDelete