Sunday, March 28, 2010

Taking a Break and Embracing Hunger

Today was a glorious Southern California day no matter where one decided to go.  I took my boys (plus Ian's new/old girlfriend - ah, the complications of young love) to the beach, more specifically, Leo Carrillo State Beach.  There are only a handful of days like today on the coast: warm (upper 70s), no clouds, and little wind.  I decided that since I had worked out for a solid eight days in a row, I could take a break today.  I did take that break, but I have to say, I kind of missed working out.  Call me crazy, but I now really like working out, especially after having such a great running day yesterday (and, yes, Cassie, I will keep going next time).  I'm already really looking forward to tomorrow evening's run.

The second part of my blog post tonight is about embracing hunger.  In the past, I would constantly sabotage myself when I'd feel hungry and eat something I knew I shouldn't be eating.  I'm really proud of myself because I have not sabotaged myself this week, at all.  Period.  And there was bread around tonight!  I am learning that being hungry is part of the process of losing weight and getting my appetite under control.  I'm learning that being hungry means faster results.  Don't get me wrong, I am not starving myself.  I had three wonderfully well-balanced meals today, but they consisted of things that I wouldn't have eaten for those meals in the past, or at least not consistently.  I'm not following a six meal plan because I simply don't operate that way.  I don't really like to eat when I'm not hungry anyway (or at least what I used to think was hungry) and Dr. Joel's plan is a three meal kind of plan.  He wants me to "stuff myself healthy" at meals, to be completely satiated.  It's pretty amazing how little it takes to actually satiate my appetite now - clearly my stomach is shrinking.

Anyhow, I also think writing about this process is helping me stay on the straight and narrow, so to speak.  I'm really glad I have a few followers because you all are helping me on this journey, just by being here, so thanks for that.  Now, it's time for bed as I am extremely "beach tired."

Finding success every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment